Did you have one of those kind of weeks? I did! Lots of projects needed to be addressed and I had so little time . It happens to all of us. We reach the point when we just need to ‘chill’ and re-energize.
Here are a few tips that help me. Give them a try.
1) Compliment a stranger. Do you like what they are wearing? Or perhaps you like their haircut.. Doesn’t matter. Just take the plunge and do it. Not only will you make that person feel special, but this simple act will boost you as well.
2) Write a love letter to your significant other, your parent, or your child. Take the time to express how feel about this person. Your whole outlook will shift. You don’t even have to give them the letter (although I recommend it). Your energy will lift.
3) Do jumping jacks. Go outside, even if it is cold out. Find a dry area and do 3 jumping jacks. (OK you can do modified ones if necessary) What a rush!
4) Pay it forward. The person in front of you at the supermarket .. buy their groceries for them. Or the one in line at your favorite coffee or donut shop. Make their day.
5) Finish that personal project you have been putting off. Gardening, fixing the dripping faucet, scrubbing the kitchen floor. Hard work always takes our mind off the hassles of the week. And you get something accomplished!
6) Make a new friend. Knock on the door of your new neighbor and introduce yourself. Or talk to someone in line at the grocery store. Make a true connection. It doesnt have to be a life long relationship. the few minutes in a conversation is enough to re-adjust your priorities
7) Take $20 and shop at the Dollar Store. Sounds silly I know but this works. First of all it is amazing what you can still buy for $1 these days.
Have Some Fun!
I challenge you to try some of these tips. And let me know how you fared… You do feel better don’t you?
If you liked this post you may enjoy Remember to Look Back
Interested in Copper and Sterling Jewelry Designs? Join my Newsletter for SUBSCRIBER-ONLY discounts and first looks.